Jan 04 – 10, 2021
The first working week of 2021
– There were a lot of emails catching up to do and stuff to plan at work.
– At work, we bid farewell to Balaji as he departs for a different path in his career. I would miss him as my idea-bouncing wall. 👋
– Max has got better and from Wednesday, he has been unquarantined 🙂 and is spent the rest of the week catching up on missed television and mobile games.
– Since the holidays began, Max and I have been reading a few pages of JL8 as bedtime reading. He has been loving it. Once this ends, I might have find another way to get him to read a bit before sleep.
– Wednesday was the eight anniversary of Mom’s passing away. I got to spend some time at her grave wondering about how things might have been if she was still with us. 😢
– Tenet was a nice movie that I finally caught up with. I would definitely try to watch it in the theatres if they have a show.
– As part of own-your-data, I’ve now got sleep posts working as private posts via IFTTT/micropub. Check-ins via Swarm are also available as private posts. I’ll be adding exercise (again as private posts) next week.
– And you can now search for emojis in search like this: 🦸♀️
– I still haven’t found the time to write the 2020 Review posts.
– The first trip got underway on Saturday with the return to Chennai.
Jan 01 – 03, 2021
The first week of Twenty Twenty-One wasn’t that great a start.
- Max had been diagnosed with a minor variant of chickenpox. As a result, we decided to stay back at Palaniyarpalayam instead of returning to Chennai on the 2nd as planned.
- With the decision to stay taken, planning for work and school was a concern. The lack of internet connectivity is always the bane here at Sophia’s place.
- Getting back to work with almost a fortnight off from work, being productive right away might be a problem. The decision to stay back also doesn’t help. Luckily, I do not expect a rather hectic workload for the first couple of weeks in 2021.
- I’d archived my earlier version of this blog for a newer version this year. Most of my time has been spent in adding #indieweb functionalities to the site.
- Food tracking is back this year and I guess I might have to start losing the extra pounds that I’ve gained over the holidays.
- I also kicked off my #booksof2021 reading with a Green Lantern graphic novel. I plan of doing a Books of 2020 post soon.
- I also posted my first note based on my #zettelkasten. I hope to publish more posts/articles from my zettelkasten. As of now, Obsidian is the tool of choice.
- Since Max is confined to a room, both of us watched both Wonder Woman movies, Wonder Woman and WW84. He loved both movies. My chances of making him a DC fan are increasing. 😀