Jan 25 – 31, 2021
- Just a regular Monday. Eat, Work, Sleep.
- The 72nd Republic Day 🇮🇳 also marked the 31st anniversary of my Holy Communion.
- Max was disappointed on not catching up the tanks and other military hardware for the Republic Day Parade as he had a similar event at school.
- Met up colleagues at a wedding after more than 10 months.
- Another regular day at work and home.
- I had started a Latin language course on Duolingo. I’m surprised that I managed to get through a week’s streak. 😲
- I picked up The Last God for reading and I’m very much impressed by the storytelling.
- Since Master was out on Amazon Prime, it became the Friday night movie instead of our game night.
- I finished The Last God and wow! What a book!
- We went shopping for clothes again for my nephew’s birthday party.
- A late night Scrabble game that ended midway because Sophia was about to declare bankruptcy.
- After having squandered points to a table-bottomer mid-week, I expected a strong comeback from #ManUtd visiting Arsenal ⚽. While it wasn’t as boring as the Liverpool-Manchester United draw, this was a bit better but again another draw. Though the record of being unbeaten for 18 away matches was nice, the inability to stay on top the table is worrying. 😯
- Completed Nemesis Games around midnight.
Book 7 of #booksof2021
Started Reading 📖 – January 17, 2021
Finished Reading 📘 – January 31, 2021
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I started this after watching a few episodes of The Expanse Season 5.
Compared to the previous stories, this is more of an exploration of the crew’s individual forays into a world they’ve left behind when they wound up together on the Rocinante.
Hoping to catch up on the rest of Season 5 and also see where the story heads to in the next book.
Book 6 of #booksof2021
Started Reading 📖 – January 29, 2021
Finished Reading 📘 – January 30, 2021
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Last God was an amazing piece of high #fantasy storytelling by Phillip Kennedy Johnson. Riccardo Federici‘s artwork is simply out of this world. I spent a lot of time on each panel marvelling at the drawings.
I read these as individual comics: (The Last God: 1-12 and Specials: The Last God: Tales from the Book of Ages and
The Last God: Songs of the Lost Children).
Now I’m looking forward to read more stories set in the Cain Anuun universe.
Partly good but I’m left confused at what is the point this movie is making. Is it a statement that everything is related to politics? Or is it a statement that juvenile prisons do not reform people but rather makes them career criminals?
Vijay and Vijay Sethupathi do enough justice to their roles as one might expect from them. I have not clue as to what roles the female characters had in this movie. Malavika Mohan was just to add a female presence just like Nayanthara in Bigil or Keerthy Suresh in Sarkar. And Andrea seems to be there just to make up for the pre-climax action sequence.
Jan 18 – 24, 2021
- restarted 🚶 and 🧘 practices
- started listening to Mythos by Stephen Fry 🎧
- started reading Wonder Woman: Dead Earth 📖
- bought a new tab for Max since his class hours are extending for 3 hours.
- joined a book club initiative as a core member at office.
- attended two meetings simultaneously 😲. One meeting was on the 💻🔉 and the other on 🎧. I wasn’t required to talk on both luckily. 😃
- tried walking on the treadmill for a change just mix up my walking routine.
- continuing reading Nemesis Games by James SA Corey 📖. Since I’ve watched most of the Season 5 of the Expanse, this should be a quick read as the characters and locations can be imagined from the series.
- Woke up at 3 am with a low blood sugar rate. It must’ve been the effect of the previous evening’s exercise.
- Max’s new tab arrived. I have set up a rather strict parental controls and usage schedules for him. I also side-loaded Blokada for ad-blocking and Tachiyomi for reading comics.
- I missed last night’s #ManUtd 2-1 win against Fulham. I wish they would play at Old Trafford they play away games.🤨 Looks like the title hopes are looking more brighter this year.
- Time for the quarterly 🩸 test.
- Finished reading Wonder Woman: Dead Earth by Daniel Warren Johnson
- Caught up the Expanse 🚀 and Batwoman 🦇 TV series.
- Went out for dinner to a restaurant for the first time in a year.
- What was supposed to be a simple jaunt to the shop to get some garments for Max wound up a shopping spree 🛒.
- Watched Outside the Wire 🎥.
- Started and completed The Rise and Fall of The Trigan Empire Volume Two by Mike Butterworth 📘
- Compared to the insipid #ManUtd vs Liverpool match last weekend, this week’s Round 4 of the FA Cup against Liverpool was a better match and a 3-2 victory made it sweeter. 🙌
Book 5 of #booksof2021
Started Reading 📖 – January 24, 2021
Finished Reading 📘 – January 24, 2021
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The second collection of the Trigan Empire stories are a great set of pulp sci-fi stories and amazing artwork to boot!!!
Would you trust a robot?