The first working week of 2021
- There were a lot of emails catching up to do and stuff to plan at work.
- At work, we bid farewell to Balaji as he departs for a different path in his career. I would miss him as my idea-bouncing wall. 👋
- Max has got better and from Wednesday, he has been unquarantined 🙂 and is spent the rest of the week catching up on missed television and mobile games.
- Since the holidays began, Max and I have been reading a few pages of JL8 as bedtime reading. He has been loving it. Once this ends, I might have find another way to get him to read a bit before sleep.
- Wednesday was the eight anniversary of Mom’s passing away. I got to spend some time at her grave wondering about how things might have been if she was still with us. 😢
- Tenet was a nice movie that I finally caught up with. I would definitely try to watch it in the theatres if they have a show.
- As part of own-your-data, I’ve now got sleep posts working as private posts via IFTTT/micropub. Check-ins via Swarm are also available as private posts. I’ll be adding exercise (again as private posts) next week.
- And you can now search for emojis in search like this: 🦸♀️
- I still haven’t found the time to write the 2020 Review posts.
- The first trip got underway on Saturday with the return to Chennai.
Tenet is a great example of how Nolan manages to create an exciting 2.5 hour movie with Time. I’ll be watching it again for sure.
Jan 01 – 03, 2021
The first week of Twenty Twenty-One wasn’t that great a start.
- Max had been diagnosed with a minor variant of chickenpox. As a result, we decided to stay back at Palaniyarpalayam instead of returning to Chennai on the 2nd as planned.
- With the decision to stay taken, planning for work and school was a concern. The lack of internet connectivity is always the bane here at Sophia’s place.
- Getting back to work with almost a fortnight off from work, being productive right away might be a problem. The decision to stay back also doesn’t help. Luckily, I do not expect a rather hectic workload for the first couple of weeks in 2021.
- I’d archived my earlier version of this blog for a newer version this year. Most of my time has been spent in adding #indieweb functionalities to the site.
- Food tracking is back this year and I guess I might have to start losing the extra pounds that I’ve gained over the holidays.
- I also kicked off my #booksof2021 reading with a Green Lantern graphic novel. I plan of doing a Books of 2020 post soon.
- I also posted my first note based on my #zettelkasten. I hope to publish more posts/articles from my zettelkasten. As of now, Obsidian is the tool of choice.
- Since Max is confined to a room, both of us watched both Wonder Woman movies, Wonder Woman and WW84. He loved both movies. My chances of making him a DC fan are increasing. 😀
Max loved the movie. We watched this after watching Wonder Woman 1984.
I watched this for the second time with Max. He was feeling bored being cooped up inside with chickenpox. After watching this, he wanted to watch the first one.
Book 1 of #booksof2021
Started Reading 📖 – January 1, 2021
Finished Reading 📘 – January 2, 2021
My rating: ⭐
The art was wonderful but the stories weren’t that great.
When trying to learn or master a new skill, failure is the best teacher.
Tasting successes early on has the risk of building overconfidence or delusion. Failing early on enables us to examine the effort and improve the next time around.
Loss should not be seen as a personal defeat but rather as a learning opportunity.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
― T.S. Eliot, Four Quartets
Here I am again, still trying to make sense of blogging again.
My dissatisfaction with what social media promised at the start and what it has become now is why I’m trying to start writing again on my own site.
The advantage of owning your domain is that it is an eternal sandbox that you can always play with. You can build it up or raze it down to rebuild.
I’m not sure of how long this will remain or when I decide to refresh again. But then again, I’m considering it a new start for the new year and let’s see where this odyssey leads. And I hope I can resist the sirens call of social media and use this more.